Solo Adventures

Let's Hear Your Greyhawk Memories!
SWGregg
Knight of the Realm

06 Jul 2008, 17:00 #1

Continued from the "what is "robilar's morbis tastes"?" thread in the Robilar
Remembers forum.

Once my players get a few levels under their belts, in between the whole party campaign adventures, I'll
let the players dictate party size and composition. Rather than having the party summoned by some instigator, I pick a certain character, pass the info on to
him, and then let the player decide how to approach the adventure. Many times the player will try the adventure alone, and it's in such situations that
I've had some of my most memorable games. One character, The Supernal Cedric Magno, High Priest of Saint Cuthbert (Order of the Billets), was especially
good. He was the only one who knew how to run away. And while none of my players were known for subtlety or stealth, he was probably the best of the bunch for
not attracting undue attention. For other players solo adventures were often the end of the line. They'd keep trying them anytime they got the info first,
but in short order the enemy would be buzzing and responding like an agitated hornets' nest, and the players would slug away regardless of how bad things
got.

I have a few solo adventure Greyhawk memories that I'll post shortly.

SWGregg
Knight of the Realm

06 Jul 2008, 17:08 #2

p.s. A few of the TPKs that occured in my campaign occured on nights when Cedric couldn't make it. If he didn't let the party know it was a good time
to run away, they usually wouldn't figure it out by themselves.

SWGregg
Knight of the Realm

06 Jul 2008, 17:42 #3

While in the city of Greyhawk, Cedric Magno received a request to travel to a small temple located in a remote location several days from the city in the
Gnarley Forest. The temple was not one where everyday services were held for the common worshippers, but one where secrets were kept.

The journey to the temple passed without incident, but upon his arrival, it was obvious to Cedric that something was wrong. No signs of life were evident. The
place was sealed up from the inside. Once Cedric managed to enter the place, he discovered a massacre had occurred, desecrations, mutilated corpses and blood
stains, etc. He was also confronted by several demonic beings. Cedric quickly word of recalled (by device or scroll) his butt back to town. There he gathered
his henchmen, a fighter and cleric, and returned to the temple. Once there they cleared the place of the demons that were inhabiting it and discovered what had
happened. An evil relic that had recently been captured had been taken to the location. Cedric had been summoned to the place because he was to be charged with
destroying the item, but before he arrived, a demon that had been trapped in the relic was released, and with the aid of surprise and summoned allies laid
waste the temple and its inhabitants.