Prelude

Updates/Discussion About this Most Ancient and Mysterious of Cities, from 1972 Onward.
The Pied PiperRJK
Knight of the Realm

11 Feb 2009, 23:00 #1

Scotty will be pleased to know that I've finished about 2,000 words on the "Terrible Iron Golem: Prelude to LCotE" adventure wherein I recount
EGG's adventure with his

WoK PCs Mordenkaine and Bygby, also including a short story, and have begun redrawing the map from memory which lead to the encounter and then to the waterfall
and onto the city. Having fun with this one.
"How now, varlet!" said Ralibar Vooz... "Who are you that speak so churlishly to a magistrate of Commoriom and a cousin
to King Homquat?" -- C.A. Smith's, The Seven Geases.

Rhuvein
Knight of the Realm

12 Feb 2009, 01:45 #2

Fantastico, mon ami!

-----------------------

Count Rhuveinus - Master of the Dungeon and Keeper of Castle Frankfort

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ E. Gary Gygax 1 November 1973 Might &
Magic

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth.

SWGregg
Knight of the Realm

12 Feb 2009, 02:06 #3

Sounds good, Rob. Perhaps in this adventure, the coral tablets will take the place of the missing star plates?

The Pied PiperRJK
Knight of the Realm

12 Feb 2009, 02:18 #4

Well leave it to you to nail that one; by creative transference the tablets' reliefs were meant to be ascertained for each area that they represented.
That was the original contrivance I later remade into the 8-ptd-star that you had to find the separate inlays for to in order to activate. Very good Scotty!
You gain 1000 experience points, being no miser, ME.

RJK
"How now, varlet!" said Ralibar Vooz... "Who are you that speak so churlishly to a magistrate of Commoriom and a cousin

Gronan of Simmerya
Knight of the Realm

13 Feb 2009, 04:04 #5

The Pied PiperRJK wrote:
Well leave it to you to nail that one; by creative transference the tablets' reliefs were meant to be ascertained for each area that they represented.
That was the original contrivance I later remade into the 8-ptd-star that you had to find the separate inlays for to in order to activate. Very good Scotty!
You gain 1000 experience points, being no miser, ME.

RJK

You never were. The dangers were great, but so were the rewards for the victors!
Gronan

"It used to be said that an infinite number of monkeys at an infinite number of keyboards for an infinite amount of time would eventually produce all the works of Shakespeare.

Thanks to the Internet, we now know that this is not true."

The Pied PiperRJK
Knight of the Realm

21 Jun 2009, 14:08 #6

I am trying to squeeze this in in between the release of DHALT and two other projects. It met a standstill as I had to shift some emphasis to other projects
and people working with us now (new writers and graphics folks), but it is still in the schedule for this year. It will include an introductory short story,
as well.

The Pied PiperRJK
Knight of the Realm

23 Jun 2009, 01:53 #8

I believe my quote was concise, no?: "Terrible Iron Golem: Prelude to LCotE"