Elluvia's Pit

A Mysterious Family of Wizards. A Forlorn Castle. An Eight-Pointed Star. Death Lurking Around Every Corner. And Who is "Uncle?" Follow this Epic Adventure as it Unfolds in the DUNGEON Magazine!
Moldytome
Knight of the Realm

04 Jun 2010, 06:31 #1

Hi there.
I'm writing up a version of Elluvia's Pit for my gaming group, and I was wondering if Uncle would like a look when it is finished. Further, would he prefer 1st ed stats? My group is running Pathfinder at the moment, but it wouldn't be any trouble to create a 1st edition version. It will be finished in a couple months, perhaps sooner.
-M

Moldytome
Knight of the Realm

18 Jun 2010, 04:17 #3

Ok, cool. I'll pdf it and place it here when I'm finished up. My guesstimate on when it is done is still the same, though work on it has been a bit slow due to less enjoyable work deadlines. As a teaser, here is a sample room description:

Like a small cathedral, a high vaulted ceiling stretches up into darkness. A web of chains criss-cross the ceiling like the vines of a jungle, attached to a series of pulleys. Wicked hooks hang from some of these chains. The walls are decorated with painted panels of ferocious debauchery, entirely done in various shades of red. Two chapels rest to either side, one with a statue of a horned woman leaning forward as if she were a cat intending to drink water from the font before her. The other chapel is of a horned man with his arms outstretched and head back, his torso stitched with barbs and his face exultant. Before him is a pedestal with a bowl full of steel rings of varying sizes.

The far end of the temple is dominated by a great block of pinkish marble, faintly veined in blue and watched over by a vast, arrogant and cruel mask of utterly white stone suspended from the back wall. A constant, slow flow of red fluid drips from the mask's full lips into a great stone bowl just beyond the altar. A faint glint of light can be seen beyond the downcast lids of the mask's eyes. A crown of horns extends upward from the mask's brow, some of which have the appearance of piercing the ceiling. There is a faint haze in this room, as if there is a slight amount of smoke in the air.

gfpg
Knight of the Realm

16 Aug 2010, 18:17 #4

Great description!

I'm running a group through Maure Castle too. They're taking over where a previous group left having completed all the levels in Dungeon #112. I'm planning this new group to explore the Chambers of Antiquities, The Greater Halls and Warlock's Walk. How's your work on Elluvia's Pit going? Any chance of another preview?

Another question, from which of the published levels do you have access to Elluvia's Pit?

Saludos!

Gabriel
<br>

Moldytome
Knight of the Realm

20 Aug 2010, 19:04 #5

Hi! thanks for your commentary. I'm actually running through an edit and making sure I have all the details in place. It's amazing how much you forget to put in when you are writing an adventure of your own for someone else's perusal... there's so much you keep filed in the brain.
The basic adventure is targeted for level 16+. I've not specifically linked it with any of the other Maure levels, preferring the 'plug and play' approach. But there is a stairwell leading in, because I determined that someone important would have insisted on mundane access...  As a side note, I don't believe the Pit has ever been concretely connected in any of the Maure lore, but I could be wrong.
I'll be posting a PDF of the Outer Pit and the Inner Sanctum this weekend. Please note that this adventure has NOT been playtested, it IS a meat-grinder, and it is not very forgiving. It is a place that should be left alone. So, naturally, adventurers just can't help it.
Thanks for your patience. This process would have gone faster, but I'm a freelance tech writer, and nothing kills the creative writing bug like tech writing deadlines.

Day Tripper
Knight of the Realm

28 Oct 2010, 20:34 #7

Bump! Any chance of an update?  I've recently resurrected my interest in Maure Castle so just catching up.

Moldytome
Knight of the Realm

22 May 2016, 20:47 #8

The world happened, things got delayed, and I was reminded of this thread, so here 'tis. I finished it ages ago, never posted it.
Hand-drawn maps for old school feel.

Main document:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-qFSw ... ?usp=shari ng

Maps: